Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

• Logged in as ikarus

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2022-04-19 03:24:29

Churro
Contributor

Manual BlueShark Upgrade?

For anyone familiar with the BlueShark's embedded HC-05/HC-06 Bluetooth module, do you think it's upgradeable? If you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's a picture of the module that supplies the Proxmark3 RDV4.01 with Bluetooth capabilities on the BlueShark:

https://www.tdegypt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/1Pcs-HC-05-Serial-Transceiver-Wireless-Bluetooth-Module-A-Master-slave-Machine-Communication-Power-3-3V.jpg

Assuming that the pin layout of the existing HC-05 module is similar, if not the same, as other Arduino modules, would it be possible to de-solder and replace with the HM-10 (picture link below)? I'm assuming you'd just have to do some decent solder work and swap out the firmware in the client/firmware distribution.

But why? You may ask...
Because! The current BlueShark supports Bluetooth 2.0, while it works effectively, isn't particularly useful for people in the iOS ecosystem. I get it, I should just buy a cheap Android. However, if I can swap out the Bluetooth 4.0 module for like $10 and a few hours of work, it's much more practical to do so compared to spending the money and time on an Android device that I'm largely unfamiliar with. Additionally, this should circumvent the Made for iPhone program, allowing a direct, Bluetooth-based Proxmark app on the App Store.

If anyone has any knowledge of this or just wants to contribute to my limited knowledge, please feel free!

Last edited by Churro (2022-04-19 04:56:48)

#2 2022-04-19 17:53:54

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Manual BlueShark Upgrade?

yup,  just swap out the HC-06 and you dont have to do anything with the firmware.
Just need to make iOS app...

#3 2022-04-19 18:44:19

Churro
Contributor

Re: Manual BlueShark Upgrade?

Sweet! I don't have a mac, but I'll try to figure out something.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer