Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

• Logged in as ikarus

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-12-10 03:08:57

Sparky
Contributor

Problem when using snoop function with hitag.

Hi all.

When trying to run the snoop function with hitag2 I get an odd problem. If I run snoop but do not actually sample any data I can halt the function by pressing the button on the Proxmark, and I can run the list function (which displays an empty list for obvious reasons).

However, if I run the snoop function and actually sample data, after I halt the function by again pressing the button on the Proxmark the unit resets itself after maybe 10-15 seconds.

If I try to send the lf hitag list command I get a message saying that the program is waiting for the Proxmark to respond, or that it may still be busy. As mentioned above the Promark will reset with the result that comms to it are lost. Even if I reselect the correct port after reconnection the unit/GUI will not talk until I close and then reopen the GUI (or run the Go bat for command prompt).

Has anyone had this problem before?

For reference the Proxmark3 is a Gezhi Electronic Company one, flashed with all of the latest files (that I could find).

I also tried two other USB leads and tried other USB ports on the laptop with no better results.

Thanks...

Last edited by Sparky (2016-12-10 03:10:12)

#2 2016-12-14 12:52:42

Contributor

Re: Problem when using snoop function with hitag.

(that I could find)

It might not be the latest. Or you might use a particular Rev where this function was broken.
You can try with old versions, it was working perfectly well before.

#3 2016-12-16 22:09:50

Sparky
Contributor

Re: Problem when using snoop function with hitag.

717 wrote:

(that I could find)

It might not be the latest. Or you might use a particular Rev where this function was broken.
You can try with old versions, it was working perfectly well before.

The one I loaded was the one posted by asper on this forum, version "pm3-bin-2.5.0.rar", which is supposed to be THE latest one.

If I load older firmware then surely I will get problems with the GUI interface version and I would have to roll that one back too.

I see around the web a few folks commented on the workability of the hareware version I have. There is a elechouse made one arriving on a slow boat from china, and when it finally gets here I will try out the same firmware in that one and see how it compares.

So can anyone tell me in what version of the firmware the snoop function for Hitag2 works (that way I can give it a try myself), and where can I find the very latest firmware/GUI updates to try?

Thanks...

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer