Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

• Logged in as ikarus

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2019-08-31 21:45:41

RChadwick
Contributor

Long Range RFID Hoover

I'm looking to design a long range LF/HF front end for a reader for penetration testing, something to put in a backpack. This has been done before (Bishop Fox Tastic, etc), but they use off the shelf readers, and record the output. Of course, it's a lot bigger than it needs to be, single frequency, and likely will only work with one type of card. I've looked into RFID chips that nicely handle a lot of the lower level stuff, but usually put out about 100mW. I would assume that, all other things being equal, an output of 1 Watt or more would increase read range, and based on the 'High Voltage' warning on the Tastic's reader, the approach has been used before. Since the chips I'm finding appear to handle this, has anyone experimented with adding some kind of PA to the antenna end of the reader? Anyone experiment with long range readers (1 foot or more)?

#2 2019-09-06 16:42:16

dorfidtag
Contributor

Re: Long Range RFID Hoover

Yes, I have experimented with the PA to the Antenna end of the reader and with long-range readers, I am an engineer at DO RFID Tag manufacturer and I have worked for a number of projects for long-range readers

Last edited by dorfidtag (2019-09-06 16:46:16)

#3 2019-09-06 16:44:19

iceman
Administrator
Website

Re: Long Range RFID Hoover

one more spam post from you and you are perma banned.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer