Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

• Logged in as ikarus

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2016-04-30 19:32:51

otpowell

Proxmark3 Kali Linux 2.0

Does anyone know how I would install the proxmark3 in Kali Linux?  Also, once drivers are installed, what do I type to begin interfacing with the proxmark3?  Do I just type "proxmark3?"  How do I list all USB devices and find out which USB com port my Proxmark is located?  I did Google, but seems there doesn't seem to be any complete references.  I see tutorials on installing the driver, but not actually using it.  I need both.  Thanks in advance!

#2 2016-05-01 07:00:36

ntk
Contributor

Re: Proxmark3 Kali Linux 2.0

Kali is just an other linux system, like ubuntu, gentoo, etc just has different already installed tools on it. So you can follow github https://github.com/Proxmark/proxmark3/w … tu%20Linux.

there wont be a proxmark3 package so you can't do repo install or "apt-get install". Mean, you have to setup a build environment, get proxmark source to compile it local. Very similar approach to getting the latest aircrack-ng (one of the very basic fundamental code of kali), JTR OCL Hashcat or OpenCL pyrit running on your system

Last edited by ntk (2016-05-01 07:02:13)

#3 2016-05-01 15:15:06

otpowell

Ok, thank you very much ntk, I appreciate the response and link.  I think I got it installed along with my ACR122
reader.  Kind of nice HackRF comes preinstalled with the SDR tools.  ACR122
comes preinstalled too as long as the RFID tools are installed I think.  I didn't know there was a newer version of aircrack-ng that required a more complex setup.  Not really new to kali, had it for years but didn't really use it much.  I've always liked cylon, makulu, and zorin OS.  I wasn't doing really any hacking though.

#4 2016-05-01 16:25:56

ntk
Contributor

otpowell wrote:

I didn't know there was a newer version of aircrack-ng that required a more complex setup.

was long time ago. aircrack-ng version was from 0.0.9, ubuntu v7.0 ... hardly anything was pre-installed... hardly anything stable ...

Last edited by ntk (2016-05-01 22:42:58)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer