Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

• Logged in as ikarus

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2009-06-14 03:20:28

marcus2608
Contributor

No response from tune command

I have just received my Proxmark 3 from www.proxmark3.com preloaded with the original firmware from JW. After flashing it via USB with the osimage.s19 obtained from Binaries/..Mifare../ubs_flash.zip, I followed the instructions to make a HF antenna from the HOW-TO. I think my antenna looks very similar to the one posted in the HOW-TO, but when I run the "tune" command several times, I keep getting this result:

# LF antenna @   0 mA /   123 mV [1273 ohms] 124k
# LF antenna @   0 mA /     0 mV [1187 ohms] 134k
# HF antenna @   1 mA /    99 mV [90 ohms]

No matter what I do (turn more coils, shorten the wire length, etc), I am unable to get any voltage on my HF readings. Is there some steps that I have missed out? Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-06-15 07:37:37

rule

Re: No response from tune command

Did you connect the wires correctly? It seems that for the proxmark it looks like the antenna does not exist wink

#3 2009-06-15 12:32:13

marcus2608
Contributor

Silly me.. I must have somehow cut the wire when trying to strip the insulation... I have tried connecting to the TP and it works now. Thank you.

#4 2009-07-07 03:36:28

rleroy
Contributor

Hi everybody,

I have came across the same problem while building the antenna, only to found out later that I needed to connect the green and the black wires before making the three loops, like roel said. The PDF file located at http://www.proxmark.org/files/index.php … FHOWTOs%2F does not mention it, so that's why it's confusing.

Also, from the PDF, it says to make an antenna coil of 3 windings using the green cable, but I think the author meant the black cable ... (the green cable does not have 3 windings from the picture)

I hope it will help other people smile

--
rleroy

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer